Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Updating the etsy shop

Woohoo!

I  love the feeling of accomplishment when you finally do something. Especially something productive.  I'm not knocking those little victories like finishing a load of laundry, doing the dishes, taking the dog for a walk, cleaning out junk email. In fact, I think those can be some of the most cathartic events.

I'm having a mini victory in terms of my etsy shop! It has been a slow, procrastinated process mainly due to my lack of a nice camera for pictures, working during all the good daylight hours and the excuses that I make, like the first 2 ones I just made.  But since Kim and I are interested in doing this as a joint venture, we collaborated for one of our typical cook and be crafty nights. Where Kim spends the night or I go to her house and spend the night, we collaborate on creativity and brainstorm brilliant, crafty ideas for the shop.  This usually involves me cooking or baking a lot as well. So there's a lot of laughing, epiphanies, planning and eating involved.

We ended up only taking pictures of eachother and a few of the milk glass vases I have for sale, which you can see here. But I'm still trying to decide if I want to paint/glaze them a pretty teal color as an alternative to the standard milk glass you see everywhere. Either option is  gorgeous as a standalone decoration or for a pretty dinner event.  With all the house-shopping we've been doing lately I am SUPER excited to finally have a place to put all of my thrifted treasures! Anyway, here are some photos from our day.
Kim flipping through a fashion magazine to gather some inspiration on a cluttered counter while cupcakes are being baked


making some lemon-mint ice cubes and for some reason a picture of my butt. I like those pants, so who cares.

frosting the strawberry cream cheese cupcakes. Looks like we have a cupcake bandit in our midst!

setting up a backdrop for the milk glasses that we ended up not using.

my treasured box of milk glass and new plates ready for their big moment. Not selling those plates, too in love.
I was also considering selling these beautiful juice glasses but could not bring myself to do it. I need to use them a few times for a brunch before I can part with them.

Finally snapped some pictures before the clouds rolled in and storms began. 


 It was also getting late in the day and Kim and I agreed that next time we would try to get out early and take some good fashion photos for the clothes and accesories I'll be adding to etsy and blogging about soon. Can't wait for more productive days like this! Hopefully next time I'll be able to get even more done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hello! My name is Rachel, I just recently moved into a new home with my boyfriend of 7 years. This blog is all about the things I love, sunny days, crafty things, delicious recipes and home decor! I also share with you pretty things that I love, a little bit of fashion and a whole lot of pictures of my fur baby, Bear. I'm so glad you're here!