It starts with this:
(I always alter the ingredients a little bit to fit my taste/proportions and it always turns out ok!)
2 cups of bisquik
one rotisserie chicken
one small bag of frozen peas and carrots (or your veggies of choice)
2 cans of condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup of milk
(preheat oven to 400*)
- I begin by shredding the chicken into bite size pieces into a large bowl (dark and light meat). The original recipe called for cubed cut up chicken but this is a shortcut I take with a lot of my casserole-type dishes to cut the prep time in half. Make sure you get a good chicken because it will make your pie!
- add the bag of frozen veggies and about 1/4 each of salt and pepper and toss together. If you have a helper bunny in the kitchen like I do, you don't have to worry about spilling any carrots on the floor : )
- Add one can of condensed cream of chicken soup at a time and mix thoroughly so the veggies and chicken are coated, Once you are done it should look like this:
- You can pour all of this into one large casserole dish or like I did using 2 8 inch round cake pans(since I couldn't find my casserole dish) spread the mixture with the back of a large spoon so it is smooth and flat.
- In a seperate medium sized bowl you want to mix the bisquick, eggs and milk and whisk together with a fork until it forms a pancake like consistency (if you are using one 9 inch casserole dish you can cut the crust ingredients in half!)
- pour evenly over both pans so that it completely covers the top. (don't worry about any little things poking through the top, the crust will cover it after it rises
Thirty minute meals with Rachel Rice! woohoo!