Chicken Caprese Salad
- One bag of Fresh Express Italian salad mix
- one medium sized ball of Bel Gioso Fresh Mozarella (always ALWAYS use the freshest, best kind of mozarella. You'll pay more for a little chunk of it than the big generic bag of it but it is THE Difference in the salad!)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- one beefsteak tomato
- one bottle of Ken's Balsamic or Basil and Balsamic Vinagrette.
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 1 tbsp of Grillmates montreal chicken seasoning
Although I haven't tried it, you could substitute the chicken with tofu and grill the same way. Being an animal lover, I've been trying to eat more vegetarian meals.
I begin by rubbing the olive oil evenly over both sides of the chicken. I usually just eyeball the amount of seasoning by grinding about a 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken then following with the montreal chicken seasoning.
I heat a small pan on medium-high and grill each chicken breast until it is slightly golden on both sides. (about 5-6 min per side depending on the size of the chicken)
*a tip is to buy the thin sliced chicken breast, it cooks quicker and makes easy bite size pieces.
Whenever I am using a cutting board for more than one thing during a recipe, I just cover it with a sheet of wax paper so that I can reuse it without having to rinse and dry.
I cut the chicken into about 1 inch chunks and set aside.
Remove and change the wax paper, cut the mozarella into 1 inch chunks.
Repeat using the tomato.
Fill a large bowl with the salad and top evenly with chicken, mozarella and tomato. (I'm not a huge tomato fan so whenever I can get away with it I avoid using it)
distribute evenly in your bowls and top with your balsamic vinagrette.
One of the easiest, most delicious salads, definitely my personal favorite.
I guarantee once you make it you will have a craving for it the next week. This recipe yields enough to make it a main course and it will be hard to want to eat anything else with it!